First consultation fees:
- Patients on Medical Aids that have contracts with Dr Hayden:
No co-payment at the practice for consultation or investigations.
The practice management service will submit a claim to the relevant medical aid for payment. Please note that the person responsible for payment may still receive an account from the practice management service, depending on the status of the medical aid account.
The following medical aids have contracts with Dr Hayden:
Discovery (excluding Key Care options but including other schemes administered by Discovery), Bonitas, Fedhealth, Momentum, Bankmed, Nedgroup, Onecare, Wooltru, Selfmed and Medihelp.
- Patients on Medical Aids that do not have contracts with Dr Hayden:
R 250.00 co-payment for consultation
The practice management service will send an account to the person responsible for payment. The account may be used (along with the receipt) to submit a claim to the medical aid and/or be used for tax purposes.
- Patients paying cash and those on hospital plans:
R 1500.00 payment for consultation
R 500.00 co-payment for uroflowmetry (if applicable)
The practice management service will send an account to the person responsible for payment. The account may be used (along with the receipt) to be used for tax purposes.
Follow up consultation fees
- Patients with medical aids contracted with the practice: no payment at the practice
- Patients with medical aids not contracted with the practice: R 250.00 co-payment
- Patients with no medical aid or on a hospital plan: R 500.00
Planned in-hospital procedures:
Patients with medical aids need to obtain authorization from their medical aid in advance. The practice will furnish the pre-admission form with the relevant ICD 10 and procedure codes. Please note that there may still be a co-payment applicable to the practice even if authorization had been obtained from the medical aid.
Cash patients will need to obtain a cost estimate from the practice, hospital and the anaesthetist firm - the practice will help with the procedure codes, estimated time of procedure and estimated length of stay in the hospital.
Please note that for procedures, the practice, the hospital and other health care providers (such as anesthesiologist and other specialists, X-ray department, dietitians and physiotherapists) may also bill the patient for services rendered.
1. Please be at the practice 15 min before appointment to ensure the relevant forms are completed. Patients can download the patient information form at the bottom of this page. In the interest of time please complete the form at home and bring it along or email it to us at email@example.com
2. Patients need to bring:
- Identity document (of self and main member / person responsible for the account)
- Medical aid card if applicable
- Relevant documents including X ray reports and images (if possible), laboratory results and reports from other health care providers (if applicable)
- Medications list. The practice needs to know about all medication taken including:
- blood pressure medication
- diabetes mellitus medication (tablets and insulin)
- blood thinning medication or drugs that inhibit or prolong time to blood clotting
- all pain medication and anti-inflammatories
- all homeopathic medication
- all supplements
- all hormones, including steroids, cortisone, testosterone, thyroid hormones and any other hormone replacement therapy
- all medicated creams and skin patches